View a template set below:
1st onboarding email: welcome new user and remind them the biggest problem your product solves
❷ Now whenever your prospects open your emails and click on its links, you’ll get a notice like this:
[screenshot showing feature]
❸No more doubts: "did they open it"? "Should I send it again?" "Are they interested - should I follow up?"
❹ Send A Tracked Email
❸ Send this email 10 minutes after they signup. Explain the biggest benefit your user will get from using your product to encourage them to actively use it.
❹ Spell out one important result they can achieve by using your product.
❺ Ask them to try out your most important product feature first. You can style your CTAs as colored buttons to draw attention to them.
2nd onboarding email: highlight your 2nd most important benefit
❶ Have you forgotten to…
… follow up with a prospect?
… ask for updates on a project?
❷ Never worry about forgetting again. Click ‘Remind me’ at the top of an email -> choose the time and day you want to be reminded.
❸ On that day, Ray will automatically bump the email back to the top of your inbox:
[screenshot showing feature]
❹ Try the Auto Reminder
❺ Your trial ends in 13 days - you can upgrade here.
❷ Lay out the step(s) to use this feature.
❸ In one sentence, explain how the feature will work.
❹ Ask them to try the feature. You’ll notice that each onboarding email only focuses on one product feature. Featuring a few and overwhelming the user with choices makes it more likely they won’t take any action.
❺ In smaller text, you can add a link at the bottom of the email reminding users how many days are left in their trial and making it easy for them to upgrade if they are ready to.
3rd onboarding email: highlight your 3rd most important benefit
❶ You spent hours preparing a proposal around your prospects’ biggest challenges.
*attach file and send*
1 day later….nothing. 2 days later...crickets. 3 days later...what is going on?!
❷ Now when you attach a file (.pdf or .doc), we can auto-convert to a tracked page: [screenshot of the feature]
❸ With all the analytics that’s possible on one:
How many times they opened it
Which parts they are reading
You can also directly chat with them on the page to answer any questions they may have.
❹ Convert a Proposal into a Tracked Page
Your trial ends in 10 days - you can upgrade here.
❷ Briefly explain exactly how your product feature solves this problem.
❸ List a few of the most valuable benefits this feature makes possible.
❹ Ask them to try out this feature.
Want proven templates to cold email sales prospects as well?
❶ I came across your comment on Sales IQ on Product Hunt.
❷ Here are a few other tools I use in the prospecting process that allowed me to contact 100+ prospects a day semi-automatically:
- Snapper - Search for prospects on Linkedin and download all the profiles that match your criteria. Includes their full names, position, company and smart guessed email addresses (from experience, 80%+ of them work).
- Verified - Upload all the email addresses to verify which ones are working.
❸Recently, I used this process to generate 300+ warmed up prospects for Redeem. 35% of them converted into paying customers, representing $20 000 in new business.
Let me know if you have any questions about how to semi-automate your prospecting to consistently get new customers.
❷ Provide them valuable lesser known insights related to the topic they commented on and the services you provide.
❸ Mention a specific result you achieved for a client to intrigue them into asking for more details.
4th onboarding email: highlight your 4th most important benefit
❶ Our research based on 100K sales emails shows: It takes an average of 5 emails to warm cold leads.
❷ Sending emails to that many people? Remembering to send emails to that many people? Well … all salespeople could be superstar salespeople. Where it not for: needing sleep eventually.
❸ With Ray, now you can nurture leads automatically with emails that still look like they’re written 1-on-1:
- Compose a ~5 email sequence
- Add a few variables to personalize the email for every contact (looks like a 1-on-1 email)
- Upload a list of cold leads to nurture
- Choose the send times for each email in the sequence
- We stop sending the sequence to leads who respond and drop them in your ‘Responded’ folder
- You get a constant supply of warmed leads ready for the next step!
❹ Set Up an Automated Nurturing Sequence
Your trial ends in 5 days - you can upgrade here.
❷ Explain why it would be difficult or time-consuming to do this task or achieve this goal without your product feature.
❸List the steps involved in using feature, framing them in terms of the benefits they deliver.
❹ Ask your user to try it.
Onboarding email to reengage users who have stopped trying your product
❶ I noticed that you haven’t been tracking your emails recently.
❷To keep knowing whether your emails are being opened and clicked on, you can keep this checkbox ticked:
[screenshot of step]
❸ Not only will this let you instantly see how the other side is reacting to your email, we can save the stats on them so you can see:
- How well different types of emails performed over time
- Studying email patterns that led to successful sales before, Ray can recommend you the next step to take with each prospect and when to do it to improve your chances of closing
❹ Track Another Email
❷ Remind them again the main benefit they get out of using it and show them the step they can take if they want to start reusing your product.
❸ Explain another major benefit to further encourage them to give your product another chance. These reminders are effective because some users stop trying a product during the trial period after they get busy and forget about it. Not because they are no longer interested.
❹ Ask them to try the product again.
5th onboarding email: reminder trial is ending soon
❶ Your trial of Ray is ending in 2 days.
❷ Join companies like:
- Zenforce - "We’ve tripled our sales by being able to track which emails performed the best and letting our whole sales team use and reference them."
- Amazon - “Before using Ray, we had huge dropoffs after the proposal stage. Being able to 1-click convert them into tracked pages helped us close 68% more prospects."
❸ And keep being able to:
- Know exactly how prospects are reacting to your emails: When, where and how many times have your prospects opened your emails and clicked on its links? Per these stats, tweak your subject lines, content and CTAs to achieve consistently high response and followthrough rates.
- Nurture leads automatically: Set up email sequences to nurture leads on autopilot - they still look like you wrote every one.
- Turn proposals into in-person-like meetings: Convert your proposals into live pages where you can track where your prospects are reading, answer their questions via chat and ask for their e-signature to approve the proposal on the spot
❹ Upgrade Now
❷ Briefly explain the results 2-3 other companies achieved with your product. This shows users a) the desirable results that would also be possible for them if they continue using it and b) other companies get value out of your product so it must be good.
❸ List and briefly explain the benefits of your top 3 most important features.
❹ Ask them to upgrade.
6th onboarding email: trial is ending today
❶ In the past 13 days with Ray, you have:
Tracked 30 emails with an average of:
- 32% open rate
- 58% response rate
- 50% click rate
Set up 1 auto email sequence that generated:
- 10 clicks
- 5 replies
❷ Your trial ends today. Keep your sales momentum going by upgrading!
❸ Upgrade Now
❷ Simply state their trial is ending and that they can keep enjoying all its benefits by upgrading.
❸ Ask them to upgrade.
* After FOMO showed customers how many sales using their tool generated, customers who canceled reinstalled it!After FOMO, a social proof "someone just purchased Product" widget, developed an analytics dashboard to show users how many more sales they made from using it, customers who canceled reinstalled it:
By proving to customers your product ROI, they are much more likely to feel your price is worth it.
Email to convert users who did not upgrade
❶ I worked as a sales guy for 10+ years and created Ray out of my own frustrations having no clue what was happening on the other side:
❷ Were my prospects reading my emails?
How are they reacting to my proposals?
And they say prospecting is a numbers game but how do you nurture 100+ leads at once without going the “Dear Ms./Mrs.” insta-deleted route?
If you want to feel like you’re standing in the same room as all your prospects:
❸ Upgrade today
❺ If not, no hard feelings at all. This is my direct personal email address. Have a question about sales? You are welcome to pick my brain at anytime.
❷ Tell the story behind what inspired you to create this product.
❸ Describe the problems you wanted to solve and the questions you wanted to answer when building this product.
❹ Gently ask them to upgrade again.
❺ Prove to trial users you really do put helping people first by making yourself available to answer their questions whether they choose to upgrade or not.