1st onboarding email: welcome new user and remind them the biggest benefit of your product
Welcome to Ray!
❷ Now beside every email you want track, you'll see a little eye icon like this:
[screenshot showing the feature]
Grey = email hasn't been read.
Green = email has been red.
Blue = email has been read and clicked.
❸ No more doubts: "Did they open it"? "Should I send it again?" "Are they interested - should I follow up?"
❷ Send this email 10 minutes after they signup. Explain the biggest benefit your user will get out of using your product and how it will work to encourage them to start actively using it.
❸ Paint a common scenario your prospect would be in without your product to reinforce its value.
❺ Ask them to try out your most important product feature. You can style your CTAs as colored buttons to draw attention to them.
2nd onboarding email: highlight your 2nd key benefit
❶ Have you forgotten to…
… follow up with a prospect?
… ask for updates on a project?
❷ Never worry about forgetting again.
Simply click ‘Remind me’ at the top of an email and choose the time and day you want to be reminded.
[animated gif showing the feature]
On that day, Ray will automatically bump the email back to the top of your inbox:
[screenshot showing the feature]
❺ Your trial ends in 13 days - upgrade here.
❷ Explain how to use this feature and how it works. Include animated gifs where possible to visually show the steps as well.
❹ Ask them to try the feature. Ideally, each onboarding email should only focus on one product feature. Featuring a few at the same time can overwhelm the user with information and choices which makes it more likely they won't take any action at all.
❺ At the bottom of the email, remind users how many days are left in their trial and make it easy for them to upgrade.
3rd onboarding email: highlight your 3rd key benefit
❶ You spent hours preparing a proposal for your prospect tailored to their questions and needs.
*attach file and send*
1 day later….nothing. 2 days later...crickets. 3 days later...what's going on?
❷ Now when you attach a file (.pdf or .doc), we can auto-convert to a tracked page:
[screenshot of the feature]
❸ With all the analytics that’s possible on one:
You can also directly chat with them on the page to answer any questions they may have.
Your trial ends in 10 days - upgrade here.
❷ Briefly describe how this feature works and show a screenshot of it.
❸ Lay out the additional benefits of this feature.
❹ Ask them to try out this feature.
Tired of dry spells when it comes to getting new customers?
❶ I came across your comment on Sales IQ on Product Hunt.
❷ Here are a few other tools I use in the prospecting process that allowed me to contact 100+ prospects a day semi-automatically:
- Snapper - Search for prospects on Linkedin and download all the profiles that match your criteria. Includes their full names, position, company and smart guessed email addresses (from experience, 80%+ of them work).
- Verified - Upload all the email addresses to verify which ones are working.
❸Recently, I used this process to generate 300+ warmed up prospects for Redeem. 35% of them converted into paying customers, representing $20 000 in new business.
Let me know if you have any questions about how to semi-automate your prospecting to consistently get new customers.
❶ Mention where you came across this prospect and use the topic they commented on to open the conversation.
❷ Provide them valuable lesser known insights related to the topic they commented on and the services you provide.
❸ Mention a specific result you achieved for a client to intrigue them into asking for more details.
4th onboarding email: highlight your 4th key benefit
❶ Our research based on 100K+ sales emails show:
It takes an average of 5 emails to nurture cold leads to maximize your reply rate.
❷ Sending emails to that many people? Remembering to follow up up to 5 separate times? Well … all salespeople could be superstar salespeople..if it were not for needing sleep eventually.
❸ With Ray, you can nurture leads automatically with emails that still look like they were written 1-on-1:
- Compose a ~5 email drip sequence
- Add a few variables into your email template so personalized phrases can be mail merged into the message for each contact (looks like a 1-on-1 email)
- Upload a list of cold leads to nurture
- Choose the send times for each email in the sequence
- The sequence automatically stops sending to leads who reply
- You get a constant supply of warmed leads ready for the next step!
❹ You get a constant supply of nurtured leads who have replied and are ready for the next step!
Your trial ends in 5 days - upgrade here.
❷ Explain why it would be difficult or time-consuming to do this task or achieve this goal without your product feature.
❹ Reinforce the biggest benefit using this feature delivers.
❺ List the steps involved in using this feature.
❹ Ask your user to try it.
Onboarding email to reengage users who have stopped trying your product
❶ I noticed that you haven’t been tracking your emails recently.
❷ To keep knowing whether your emails are being opened or clicked on, simply keep this checkbox checked:
❸ Not only will you be able to see how your contact is interacting with the email, we analyze trends about your emails so you can see:
- When your contacts typically open your emails
- How different types of email perform (you can tag emails as 'cold email', 'influencer outreach', etc.)
❷ Remind them the main benefit they'll get out of using it and show them how to start reusing it.
❸ Describe another major product benefit to further encourage them to use your product again. These reminders are effective because some users stop trying a product during the trial period after they get busy and forget about it. Not because they are no longer interested.
❹ Make it easier for them to try the product again.
5th onboarding email: reminder trial is ending soon
❶ Your trial of Ray is ending in 2 days.
❷ Join companies like:
- Zenforce - "We’ve tripled our sales by being able to track which emails performed the best, turning them into templates and sharing them with the whole sales team."
- Amazon - “Before using Ray, a lot of sales stalled after we sent a proposal. Being able to convert them into tracked pages helped us close 68% more prospects."
❸ And keep being able to:
- Know exactly how prospects are reacting to your emails: When, where and how many times have your prospects opened your emails and clicked on its links? Knowing these stats, you can tweak your subject lines, content and CTAs to consistently improve your reply and close rates.
- Nurture leads automatically: Set up email sequences to nurture leads on autopilot - they still look like you wrote every email.
- Know exactly how prospects are reacting to your proposals: Convert your proposals into pages which lets you you track what your prospects are reading, answer their questions via chat and ask for their e-signature to approve the proposal on the spot.
❷ Briefly explain the results 2-3 other customers achieved with your product. This provides social proof your product really works and these results would be possible for the user too if they keep using your product.
❸ List and briefly explain the benefits of your top 3 top key features to remind the user the value they'd get out of using your product.
❹ Ask them to upgrade.
6th onboarding email: trial is ending today
❶ In the past 13 days with Ray, you have:
Tracked 30 emails with an average of:
- 32% open rate
- 58% response rate
- 50% click rate
Set up 1 email sequence automatically sent to 145 contacts that generated:
- 32 replies
- 35 clicks
❷ Your trial ends today. Upgrade to keep tracking your sales momentum!
❷ State their trial is ending and nudge them to upgrade to keep enjoying your product's benefits.
❸ Add a clickable link or button to make it easy for them to upgrade.
After FOMO showed customers how many sales using their tool generated, customers who canceled reinstalled it
By proving to customers your product's ROI, they are much more likely to feel your price is worth it.
Email to convert users who did not upgrade
❶ I worked in sales for 10+ years and created Ray out of my own frustrations about having no clue what was happening on the other side:
❷ Were my prospects reading my emails?
Are they clicking on any of its links?
How are they reacting to my proposals? If you want to know what is the best step to take next to move the sale forward, based on exactly how your prospect reacted:
❸ Describe the problems you wanted to solve with this product and the questions you wanted to answer. This reinforces your product benefits through the angle of what inspired you to create it.
❹ Gently ask them to upgrade again.